Whether you realize it or not, you depend on your vehicle – a lot! Whether to get you to work on time, take the kids to school, or to dentist appointments, you depend on your vehicle not to leave you and your family stranded. The best way to extend the life of your car is to perform regular car service and preventative maintenance. The Tire Terminal offers quality, affordable preventative maintenance and other auto repair services in Mississauga, ON and surrounding areas to help keep your car where it should be – on the road.
What car service and preventative maintenance does: Whether it’s an industrial process, an issue with your home or your own health, it’s pretty well understood that it makes more sense to address a problem at stage 1 when it’s still easy and cheap, rather than waiting until stage 5 when it’s complicated and expensive.
Car Service & Preventative Maintenance in Mississauga, ON
Why Car Service & Preventative Maintenance is important: Regular preventative service is the best way for you to save money on auto repair and save time on simple, avoidable mechanical problems.
- Oil Changes: Motor oil breaks down over time, picking up contaminants and losing its lubricating properties. Regular oil changes at manufacturer’s specified intervals will prevent the buildup of sludgy deposits and carbon inside your engine. A fresh oil change is especially important going into the winter months; oil tends to thicken and become more viscous in cold weather, making it harder to circulate to all parts of the engine at startup.
- Cooling System Maintenance: Your car’s coolant, a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water, protects the engine against overheating in summer and freezing in winter. Like motor oil, coolant will degrade over time and start to become contaminated with rust and corrosion. Most manufacturers recommend a cooling system flush and pressure test every 30-50,000 miles.
- Air filter: The air filter prevents dust, pollen and other tiny particles from entering the fuel system. When the air filter becomes saturated, it restricts air flow to the engine and affects fuel economy and power. Air filters should be changed at about 10,000 mile intervals.
- Tire Rotation: Switching the positions of all four tires at about 6,000 mile intervals helps even out wear patterns, prolonging tire life greatly and improving ride quality and drivability.
- Tire Inflation: Since rubber is porous, tires tend to lose air slowly over time. Underinflated tires have greater rolling resistance, which compromises fuel economy. They also tend to overheat, which weakens their structure and can lead to tire failure. It’s especially important to check inflation in winter months, since air contracts in cold weather; tires lose about a pound of air pressure for every 10-degree drop in temperature.
- Transmission Service: Automatic transmissions rely on their fluid for cooling, lubrication and to help transfer energy and motion via fluid couplings. Heat and wear will degrade fluid over time, and it’s advisable to have the fluid and filter screen changed at regular intervals (more frequently if your vehicle is used to tow trailers or haul heavy loads).
- Brake Service: Your car’s brakes are even more important in winter months. Regular inspection of brake pads and rotors for excessive wear is crucial to your safety.
The Tire Terminal offers quality Car Service & Preventative Maintenance in Mississauga, ON
You can think of preventive maintenance as an entire suite of services and tasks, falling at various intervals of time and miles. Cold weather in particular puts a lot of stress on various systems on your car, so it’s a good idea to have your preventive maintenance performed before the temperatures really start falling. What kind of shape is your preventive maintenance in? Give us a call and make an appointment at The Tire Terminal in Mississauga, ON and let our technicians take a look.
- Tire Installation
- Wheel Alignments
- Tire Balancing
- Flat Tire Repair
- Tire Rotation
- TPMS Service
- Battery Replacement
- Oil Change
- Brake Service
- Engine Repair
- Steering and Suspension
- Transmission Service
- Windshield Wiper Blades
- Air Filter Replacement
- Belt & Hose Replacement
- Radiator Repair
- Driveline Repair
- Electrical Systems
- Preventative Maintenance
- Fluid Check
- Muffler Repair
- Headlight Restoration
- A/C and Heating Repair
- 24 Hour Roadside Assistance
- Monthly Checklist